Saturday, December 27, 2008

Back at the Boat

We arrived back at the Titusville Municipal Marina yesterday afternoon. Beth and Caroline accompanied us back to the boat, and Beth was very reluctant to leave. We had an awesome week at the Miller household. Of course, Christmas with 4 kids was very over stimulating, but we had a blast. There certainly was never a dull moment.
See pictures at: (http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=249610193/a=102133856_102133856/t_=102133856) NOTE: If you don't have permission to see the pictures and would like to, please let me know and I will add your email address to the album mpapile@papile.net .

Christmas eve we went to dinner at Tom's brother's house. Tammy made an excellent soup, salad and stuffed shells. We brought eggplant and chicken parmigiana. It was a great night, but the kids were already exhausted before they even went to bed. Nathan and Ginny came into Ashley's room (where I was sleeping) at 4:00 a.m. to tell her that Santa had come. I shooed them out since their mom said they couldn't open anything until 6:00 a.m. anyway. It was a present frenzy after that! We had an excellent brunch and Michele and Steve made a turkey dinner while the Miller's went to Gram and Pa's house for more presents and dinner. At 7:00 p.m. we had a most excellent turkey dinner (which Michele and Steve insisted upon since we couldn't cook a turkey on the boat). So Beth and Tom had two Christmas dinners (sounds like our day on Thanksgiving).

Steve and I splurged and bought ourselves dive equipment for Christmas. So now we have everything except our own tanks, which we hope to pick up used along the way to the Keys.

So today we are finishing readying the boat for our departure south. We were going to hop outside of the ICW and head straight to Miami, but the winds will be right on the nose as they are coming from the SE until Monday. With opposing winds and seas 3 to 4 close to shore and 5 to 6 20 knots out, we decided to do the ICW for at least another day. More to come later. Gotta go, we're shipping out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you will be in Key West before we get there :( WE arrive on the 11th. Be sure to go to Dantes on the harbor and check in with Jo our daughter for a drink and a reasonably inexpensive but good meal.
Happy New Year

Anonymous said...

It already seems like ages ago that I was in Titusville. Today was spent cleaning up Christmas packages and putting the house back together. Caroline got to bed at a reasonable hour tonight for the first time in over a week.
After doing several loads of neglected laundry, the idea of being on a sailboat heading to the Keys sounds SOOOOO great! I wish I stowed away in that second bedroom. Caroline would be climbing the sails and having a great time!! She already knows how to use your digital camera, it wouldn't be long before she'd be sailing the boat! : )
I had leftover eggplant and chicken tonight and it was better than the other day! We've already gone through most the turkey, so my food anxiety has subsided. I couldn't imagine us going through all the food you cooked while here as I never cook that much, ever! So I will miss having my chef here, but alas my waistline is much better off! I am not too pleased with some of those pictures Caroline took and my new mission is to lose 10 lbs.
But I did enjoy the captions and her finger in front of all the pictures! LOL
I miss having you here to have drinks in the evening and banter in the kitchen. It's already lonely without you as Tom is back to work tonight. Hope we can catch up again in the spring on your way back up north.
Much love,
Beth