Friday, February 20, 2009

Nassau until Monday or Tuesday??

We are in Nassau still and will probably be here until the beginning of the week. We will stock up on provisions as much as possible here and try to make it through the Bahamas without having to provision again for another month or so. Right now I'm at Starbucks with a free wifi connection, but Internet is going to be difficult. Also, the phone isn't an option either. If we do have a Verizon connection, the cost is about $4 a minute! Sorry folks, we'll have to keep you updated by the blog and facebook (If you have a facebook page, let me know and I can add you as a friend). We also just subscribed for one month to Skype for long distance calls. However, this also requires an Internet connection. So, if we have Internet, then we can call anwhere in the US for the next 30 days.

Our anchorage here is dreadful. The holding is terrible and the space is crowded. It is also a very, very busy harbor. The harbor police will pull over a dinghy for making a wake, but I guess it's okay for a huge power cat going out for a booze cruise to make all the anchored boats go flying! There are also sirens being heard from shore every 1/2 hour or so.

We plan to go out to the Aqaurium at Atlantis tomorrow, but otherwise, we won't really miss Nassau when it's time to leave. So, we'll keep you posted as much as possible. We're still waiting for warm weather to go swimming!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michele, Sorry your anchorage is terrible, and as far as the harbor police go, it's money talks and bullshit walks. I've had a busy two weeks. I spent the 12th to the 15th in the hospital with an infection in my right foot. Then I spent Wednesday and Thursday in two different hospitals. I was taken by ambulance to QMC ER because I couldn't catch my breath. Then, I was shipped to Beth Israel Hospital for a CT scan of my lungs (which was negative). They sent me home with some new meds. I'm fine now. Barbara has been very good to me during my illnesses. I don't know what I'd do without her. Enough of the bad news. Hope you have a better time as you cruise through the Bahamas. Kurt