Monday, October 13, 2008

Leaving Annapolis

This morning we broke anchor at around 7:30 a.m. to head south to Solomons Island area at the mouth of the Pawtuxent River. After spending four days in Annapolis we thought it was time to move on. When we arrived in Annapolis at around 10:00 a.m., we were immediately invited to Leighia and Cameron’s boat for a game night. We never played any games, but we had a great time and met some interesting people (as I already wrote about in the last post). The next day we spent the day at the boat show and walked around town a little bit before heading back to John Ray and having dinner with Trudy and Dennis from Rapscallion II. The next morning, we also hosted breakfast on John Ray and then chilled out the rest of the day waiting for the Halloween Party on Tranquility (Leighia and Cameron’s boat) Saturday night. There were at least 12 people and 5 kids, lots of great food, drink and conversation. Steve and I were the first ones to leave and this time Steve didn’t fall in the drink!! Oh wait, didn’t I mention that before? Okay, let's see. Steve was getting into the Dinghy on Thursday night while Leighia was holding the boat while he got in. There were several dinghies bouncing around their swim platform. I wasn’t there so I don’t know exactly how it happened, but when I heard the commotion I came on deck to find my husband swimming with all his clothes on. Oh well, I guess it happens to the best of us (and usually at least once). I’m glad I already had my turn (at least my excuse was trying to hoist Junior on board at a really rocky anchorage J and I was still an amateur). Luckily the dinghy ride was very short and no harm was done – except maybe a bruised ego.

Sunday was also an excellent day. We went ashore and took a long walk to the grocery store which enabled us to see quite a bit of Annapolis. We stumbled upon the State House of Annapolis on our way which we hadn’t really expected. It was also really good to get the exercise.

Hope all is well with everyone at home. We will post again when we arrive at our next destination. Happy Columbus Day!

No comments: